Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pot Roast

Let me go ahead and get my judging of this recipe out of the way. I gave it a 1 out of 5. We ate it but I just didn't care for it. I have just come to the conclusion that I do not care for Dijon mustard. Plain and simple, just do not like it. If you like Dijon than this is the recipe for you. I got it from Taste of Home.

Servings: 6-8

1 lb. medium red potatoes, quartered
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 c. beef broth
1 c. baby carrots
1 boneless chuck roast (3-4 lbs.)
2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/3 c. chopped onion

Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.

Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends who stopped by.