Monday, March 1, 2010

Coconut Cupcakes

I love coconut, always have, always will. You can never have enough coconut in anything! With that said I thought I would share a recipe with you of my favorite coconut cupcakes, and everyone else who has eaten these have loved them also.

This recipe is from Wilton.

1 pkg. white cake mix (no pudding in mix)
1 1/3 c. water
3 eggs
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 c. flaked or shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, oil, and coconut extract; beat with electric mixer 2 minutes.



Fold in shredded coconut.



Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.



Spoon into baking cups. (I like to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to do this.)



Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on cooling rack for 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.




I usually make Buttercream Icing for these but I was lazy on this day and used premade Vanilla icing and added 1 1/2 tps. coconut extract to icing. Mix well and frost cupcakes.

I then used 1 cup of flaked coconut and added desired amount of food coloring. Stir well. Place on top of cupcakes.



Yum! Yum! Good!

1 comment:

  1. These look really delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe : ) I love coconut and also your colourful baking cups, we don't get those kind here.

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.