Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Side Tracked

Well looks like I am going to have to put Weight Watchers to the side somewhat for a little while. I have a lot of health problems to begin with and just have had a rough time here lately.
Last year when I began WW and exercising I just started feeling so good! I had so much energy, my sugar levels didn't drop, my thryoid levels were stable and so on. Then I discovered that I had a ruptured disc at the top of my spin (being in my neck), so I had to stop all exercising until I was able to get that fixed. By the time I had healed (after surgery) I was out of the mood to exercise, let alone diet.

In October I started just feeling so draggy again and tired all of the time so I figured if I got back on WW I would not only loose some extra pounds but it would help me to start eating better again and exercise and I would start feeling better again. Well, that idea sounded good but it just didn't work. I have just kept on going down hill so I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday. This was my report, iron and blood pressure too low, and thryoid medicine too strong for me right now. I knew something had to be wrong more than what I had originally thought because everytime I exercised It left me so weak I could hardly move!

Got to eat lots of beans and liver and take iron medicine! I am on Toprol for a heart condition but this medicine is alos used to lower blood pressure. The doctor is wanting to cut me back on this to see if my blood pressure will increase some but, I really dread this because then my heart rate will be out of control again. But, here I go!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Tammi, I feel for you girl. I hope you get things leveled out soon. Low iron can make you fell horrible much less all the rest of the problems you are having right now. I pray that you feel better soon. Hang in there! May God bless you with energy and healing soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Patty! Prayers is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammi! I just wanted to let you know that I answered your question on my blog today. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    I'm so sorry to read about your health in your post. I'm glad you went to the doctor!!!

    I wonder if cutting grains out completely would be helpful? It made a world of difference in my energy levels, but I know that's not right for all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Tammi, I know you can figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Patty and Small Farm Girl for the encouragement. A big thank you to Johnlyn for going out of her way to help me begin my coupon journey. She is one awesome lady!

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.