Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favorite Tortillas

After taking a closer look at the food I eat at each meal, I realized that I do not get near enough fiber in my diet. One of the ways I have tried to get more fiber besides eating vegetables is eating whole grain bread. After many, many attempts I have finally just given up on the bread thing. I can eat whole grain bread as toast but as a sandwich I just cannot get used to it. So, while at the deli at Wal-Mart last week, I came across these.



I warm one of these up in the microwave for 10 seconds and then put scrambled egg, turkey bacon, tomatoes and green onions inside and fold up. I actually like it! Each tortilla has 4g of fiber and 5g protein.

I went back last week to get another package and guess what? They did not have any more. Just my luck!

I hope you all have a great weekend and don't forget to go to church Sunday! Talk to everyone on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Hi it's me again, I promised I would be back : )
    We too are trying to add more fibre to our diet...we love the wholewheat tortillas too and have also tried ww pizza bases...I was so glad the kids liked it too...how about ww spaghetti?
    We are going to church today too as our parish is dedicated to St.Joseph the Worker and today is the feast of this special Saint being National Workers Day too.
    Have a great weekend,
    Blessings,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the ww pizza bases but I have the ww spaghetti. I like the ww spaghetti. I can't taste a big difference in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one particular brand of ww spaghetti that our daughter won't eat and that is the one that's a darker colour and that has a sharper and crunchier taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Heartland brand at Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I wish we had Walmart here, yeah that's right we have No Walmart :( But we have experienced Walmart when we were on holiday in Canada two summers ago, wish we could've brought more with us but our luggage was full to bursting LOL!
    Blessings,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Wal-Mart?? I can't imagine life without Wal-Mart and a Dollar Store. lol

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.