Monday, May 4, 2009

Lights Out!



This is what I needed at about 1:10 this morning when our electricity went off. A flashlight! My husband always, always has his flashlight under the bed on his side but this one time he didn't and since it was only raining and not storming I never thought about getting my flashlight and put it by me like I usually do. If I know we might be getting storms I always get my flashlight out and hook up a different phone since all I use is cordless phones and cordless phones do not work without electric as you know. Well, none of this was done. DH got up and lit a candle so I could get the other phone hooked up and call the electric company. The electric finally came back on at 4:15 this morning. I am thankful it came on before I got up since I needed to clean my house today.

Just as I thought. I went to Wal Mart this past weekend and they no longer had any more of the whole wheat tortillas that I posted about on Friday. I had a funny feeling they wouldn't especially since I liked them so well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It rained here all weekend but I still enjoyed my days off. See you back here tomorrow.
(Cosmi Clip Arts used)

2 comments:

  1. We got some rain, some clouds, lot of sun and a little wind, hmm quite a mixture eh, but I love this weather, best weather and hope it stays for a long while before the Hot and Humid weather (YUK!) set in!!!
    Looks like you survived the Lights Out night LOL! My husband is always prepared for these emergencies too!
    I do hope you will find the tortillas again soon...I posted a comment about Walmart in the previous posting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just thankful that the electric went out at night instead of when I was trying to get ready for work. We had an ice storm one winter several years back and we went without electric for 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.