Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hot Fudge Cake

It seems the only time I can find here lately to post is on my lunch break. Oh well, whatever works!

I fixed this in the crock pot one day last week. I just love my crock pot. Hey, that needs to be on my "Favorites Friday" doesn't it? I really like fixing desserts in my crock pot especially in the winter time. This was good and fudgy and them add the cold ice cream. Yum! Yum!

Recipe from Fix It and Forget It Cookbook.

1 c. packed brown sugar
3 T cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. melted butter
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 3/4 c. boiling water
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
Vanilla ice cream

Mix together the 1 c. brown sugar, flour and 3 T. cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla.

Spread over the bottom of a slow cooker. Mix together 3/4 c. packed brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in slow cooker. Pour in boiling water. Do not stir.

Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. I sure miss getting to try all these things!

    Tawanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now got what you were meaning! Boy I am sure getting bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, Tammy this sounds like one yummy cake! Nowadays I don't bake as much (except at Christmas time) but when I do I always cut down on the sugar content and cakes or cookies still turn out good.

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.