Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One Good Country Supper

I just love when garden vegetables start bearing, or should I say when my parents garden starts bearing! There is nothing better than a bowl of warm soup beans, crispy corn bread, sweet corn on the cob and fresh lettuce and onions from the garden! Not to mention it is a frugal meal also.

src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mk91qBVbrU4/Sh0WLpHcAbI/AAAAAAAAApc/u_3T_hrgxIc/s320/Lettuce+and+onions.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5340449122402697650" />

Then add some hot bacon grease to the lettuce and onions. Yum, yum! (I know, I know, I just made salad unhealthy. Unhealthy maybe but it shore is good eatin!) Don't worry, I took a picture of the lettuce and onions before I added the bacon grease. I was afraid I would cause some of you all to have a heart attack just thinking about it. lol



Now that your mouth is gone to watering, I'll leave. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks so appetizing and healthy too!
    Home grown veggies are surely the best...how nice that you have fresh veg from your parents' garden ~ enjoy!
    Do you have a good recipe for cornbread, I have never tried it before!

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.