Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Soup Bean Casserole

I like this casserole not only because we like it but because you have one pot that you brown your hamburger in, and mix all of your ingredients in as well, and then a cake pan to bake it in. That is all the dishes you need for the casserole. Now any side dishes will be extra of course. It does not have a long baking time and it is cheap to make. Can't beat that!

Brown 1 1/2 lb. hamburger with 1 onion, chopped. Drain excess grease off. Add..



2 cans pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 small can tomato sauce
1-16 oz. jar salsa
2 dashes chili powder

Mix all ingredients well and pour into a 13x9x2 in. baking dish.


1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 egg
Milk

Mix the above ingredients well. Add enough milk to make the mixture spreadable but not runny.



Pour over hamburger mixture.



Bake, uncovered at 450 for 35 to 40 minutes. I always have to cover mine with foil because my bread starts getting to brown.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Finally, a cassarole I think my husband will eat! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out if you fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try your casserole soon when my boys come over for dinner. thanks and keep in touch. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! Going to try this one Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.