Monday, June 15, 2009

Apple Fried Pies

Yum! This is a Paula Deen recipe and boy was it good! My hubby liked it and just as I was taking these out of the fryer my snl came by and ate one also. She loved it to, so I would say this recipe is a keeper!

2 T. butter
4 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 (8 piece) container refrigerated flaky biscuit dough

For the filling: add the butter to a large saute pan and melt. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and cook over medium heat until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.



When the filling is cool, roll the biscuits out on a lightly floured surface so that each biscuit forms a 7 to 8-inch circle. Place 2 to 3 T. of the filling on 1/2 of each circle.



Brush the edges of the circle with water. Fold the circle over the filling to make a half-moon shape. Seal by pressing the edges with the tines of a fork.



Heat a deep fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 350.

Carefully add the pies to the oil, 1 at a time, and fry until golden brown, turning the pies as necessary for even browning, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately.



Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking of making some nice apple pie... now I think I'll try these instead, they look so yummy!
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help. They are really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tonight. I must have used the wrong biscuits because mine were not big enough at all. I had lots of apples too because I got 17 instead of 8. Everyone thought they were really good though.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. If everyone enjoyed them then that is all that matters. Making smaller ones was just more work for you is all. Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MADE THIS FOR DAD AND HE LOVED THEM I THINK MOM LIKED THEM BETTER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Friends who stopped by.