Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberry and Cream Pie



This is a Paula Deen recipe and I goofed it up big time. I guess I didn't beat my butter, sugar and eggs long enough because when I cut into my pie it was watery. It still tasted good though. So, make sure you beat it until fluffy.

1 stick butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 (8 in.) graham cracker crust

Topping:
1 c. whipped cream
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. sliced and sweetened strawberries, drained
Whole strawberries, for garnish
Mint leaves, for garnish

With an electric mixer, cream together butter, and powdered sugar, add eggs. Beat ingredients until fluffy. Spread over crust. Chill.

Meanwhile, mix whipped cream with 1/4 c. sugar. Toss strawberries with 1/4 c. sugar. Spread half the whipped cream over pie, then add the strawberries. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill for at least 8 hours. Garnish with whole berries and mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends who stopped by.