Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Chicken In Every Pot

I got this recipe from Cheap Cooking Cookbook. Some friends of mine gave me this cookbook and I have gotten so many good recipes from it. The recipe calls for celery but I did not put any in. One because I didn't have any and second, I like raw celery but I do not care for it cooked.






Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture once it was finished. We really liked this recipe. It was quick and very easy.

3 medium size carrots
2 medium size ribs of celery
2 large onions
4 medium size potatoes
2 tsp. seasoning salt
1/2 c. water or chicken broth
1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 lbs.) defrosted and cut up

Peel the carrots and cut them into 1-in pieces. Place the carrots in the bottom of crock pot. Cut the celery into 1 inch pieces and add them to the cooker. Peel the onions and potatoes, quarter them, and add them to the pot. Sprinkel 1 tsp. of the seasoning salt evenly over the vegetables. Add chicken pieces to the crock pot. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp. of seasoning salt evenly over the chicken. Pour 1/2 c. water into the pot alonside the chicken (taking care not to pour it over the chicken) and cover the pot.

Cook in crock pot for 10 hours or until chicken registers 180 on an instant-read thermometer in the thigh portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends who stopped by.