Monday, February 2, 2009

Ice Storm

I hope this post finds everyone well and with electric. Our electric went out at 10:00 AM on Tuesday and came back on around 8:30 that night. I think the only reason ours was fixed so quickly was because the lines were hanging in the road.

Some who live a couple of miles down the road still do not have electric. They have electric with a different electric company than mine, but they usually do not lose their electric like we do and their electric company are usually very quick to get theirs back on, but for some reason they haven't this time.

Kelli kept saying, "I am going to die if this electric does not come back on!." She doesn't remember the last ice storm we had when we had no electric for 14 days! I don't think the TV was important to her at that time as it is now, although I will have to admit I was getting worried. The Duggar's new show was going to be on TLC at 9:00 and I had been so looking forward to it, but thankfully the electric came back on in time for me to watch the show.

I don't know if you can see the line in this picture or not, but ice is hanging from it as was all the other lines around our home.



This is a small tree in our front yard that was froze! Bless it's heart!



This was one of the first trees we planted on our property right after we bought it so it is sentimental to us. As we were leaving to get some kerosene to heat with, I asked my husband if he thought the top would straighten back up after the ice had melted and he said he thought it would. Well, it didn't make it that far. When we got back this is what we found.



The top had broken out and branches was lying on the ground. We are so sad especially since my husband says he will have to cut the tree down now. Boo! Hoo!

I took the above picture yesterday. It was 63 degrees at my house yesterday. Oh if I could have just bottled some of that up and saved it for today since it is only 30 degrees right now!

I woke up this morning to snow on the ground, again. Oh, I am so ready for spring to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends who stopped by.