Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting Back on Track

After going with the teenagers from church to a Youth Conference in Owensboro, Kentucky this past weekend, it took me most of Monday to get my feet back on the ground. I got up at 5:30 last Friday morning and didn't get back in the motel room until 2:00 AM Saturday morning and not into bed until 3:00 and then back up at 6:00. That is so not me!

I think I may be going with the teens to Perfect Slopes this coming Monday. I just go and chaperon. I know better than to go snow tubing! Every time I do anything that requires my feet to leave the ground ends up with me having an injury. Not going there although one of the teenage girls insists that I am going to snow tubing with her. I then explained to her that the last time I went sleigh riding, after going air borne on a plastic sled, I landed with the sled, on a rock, on my tail bone. Had to go to the emergency room because I thought I broke it! I will never forget that injury. Do you know how embarassing it is for a grown woman to not only have her tail bone xrayed but to have to tell how it happened!

I have still got to ask more questions before I go like, do I have to get on the ski lift? Feet would have to leave the ground for that one!! If I have to ride a ski lift then that would also mean that I would be up high. You know, more than a foot off of the ground. Afraid, extremely afraid of heights here!!



This is a cookie jar that my mom gave me literally years ago! I had this in my hope chest before I was even married. She bought it at a local 5 & 10 store that is still open in our town after she was first married. The cookie jar is over 40 years old. I managed to find time to fill it with brownies. I used a mix from Save-A-Lot but I do not care for how it baked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends who stopped by.